Published on 31 Мај, 2023 in News, U21
The national team of Macedonia under 21 will play two control matches against the selections of Armenia and Malta in the middle of June in Skopje.
The two friendly matches, selected by the coach Dragi Kanatlarovski, will be played at the "Petar Milosevski" training center, starting at 17:00.
We play the first control match against the Armenian national team on June 15, and five days later the second control match is against the Maltese national team.
Dragi Kanatlarovski, the coach of the youth national team of Macedonia under the age of 21, called a total of 25 footballers:
Goalkeepers: Marko Alchevski (Pandev Academy), Ivan Nikoloski (Belasica), Vasko Vasilev (Rio Ave, Portugal), Stefan Tasev (Macedonia G.P.);
Defense: Mario Richkov (Shkupi), Stefan Despotovski (Rabotnički), Andrej Stojčevski (Žilina, Slovakia), Imran Fetai (Gostivar), Reshat Ramadani (Dynamo Kyiv, Ukraine), Viktor Krstevski (Gostivar), Metodi Maksimov (Shkendi), Mihail Dimitrievski (Bregalnica);
Middle row: Martin Talakov (Podbrezova, Slovakia), Ivan Nikolov (Bregalnica), Hamza Ramani (Silex), Alex Zlatkov (Shkupi), Dimitar Todorovski (Rabotnicki), Dimitar Trajkov (Pandev Academy), Vane Krstevski (Pandev Academy), Berat Kalkan (Kasimpasha), Behar Feta (Voska Sport), Matej Angelov (Rabotniki);
Attack: Mario Ilievski (Kishvarda, Hungary), Hristian Maleski (Struga Trim Lum), Luan Abazi (Ville, Switzerland);
Dear Kanatlarovski, head coach of the national team of Macedonia under 21;
- These two control matches against Armenia and Malta come at an awkward moment, when the season ends and the players finish their club duties.
- There will be no major changes in the composition compared to the previous gatherings. The players who, in the last year, with their professionalism, determination and great desire to fight and prove themselves, have imposed themselves in this generation of Macedonia, have been invited.
- Alex Zlatkov from Shkupi and Luan Abazi from Will are returning to the lineup, who were unable to make themselves available to the national team due to injuries in their clubs at the last match.
- Dimitar Trajkov, the Pandev Academy football player, born in 2004, with his recent games at the club level and the 6 goals scored, deserved to be called up for these two control matches against Armenia and Malta. It is about a footballer who plays on the wing and shows excellent quality.
- I expect a serious approach from my players, even though it is a friendly match. These are the final preparations, I expect all tasks set by me and the professional team to be fulfilled, especially in the tactical part of the game.
- This national team showed great quality and great diversity in the game itself. We expect a lot from this generation, the players are aware and ready to give their maximum to achieve success in the upcoming qualifiers.
The offensive midfielder, Luka Stankovski, due to an injury (meniscus surgery) will not be able to make himself available to the coach at this match.
The matches against Armenia and Malta will be the last tests for our young footballers before the start of the qualifying cycle for the European Championship in September.